Halfpenny Lane JI&N School - Year 1 Class Teacher
Halfpenny Lane, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 4BW
Salary Range: M1 - M6 £22,467 - £33,160
Full Time, Maternity Cover 1 Year Temporary Post.
Required 30 October 2017 or sooner
Post Reference: P112
The pupils, school governors and staff of Halfpenny Lane Junior, Infant & Nursery School would like to appoint an excellent teacher to join our enthusiastic team. You will be joining a happy and supportive school and be part of a friendly and hard-working team. Applicants will need to be highly skilled, motivated and enthusiastic and have high expectations. NQT applications welcome. This is a temporary post to cover maternity leave in Year 1.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Motivate and inspire children to have a love of learning.
- Provide a creative and vibrant learning environment that supports children's learning.
- Have high expectations of themselves and others and a commitment to raising standards.
- Demonstrate high expectations and standards for all our pupils.
- Have knowledge and understanding of assessment strategies to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Be approachable and create effective working relationships.
- Support the values and ethos of Halfpenny Lane.
We can offer:
- A welcoming, friendly, inclusive school with happy, confident well behaved children who enjoy learning.
- A caring and committed staff team who are willing to share expertise and learn from one another.
- A commitment to high standards and opportunities to improve and develop.
PPA time is included in this time within the successful candidate’s timetable.
Visits to the school are welcome and strongly encouraged.
Completed application forms should be returned either by post to Lisa Dodgson, HR Advisor, Pontefract Academies Trust, C/O St Mary’s Community Centre, The Circle, Chequerfield, Pontefract WF8 2AY or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10am Thursday 12th October 2017.
If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01977 703270 or email email@example.com to confirm when you would like to attend.
Interviews are planned to take place W/C 16th October 2017.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
In accordance with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not Disqualified (or Disqualified by Association) from working within this setting.