Larks Hill J&I School - Learning Mentor Fixed term contract
Larks Hill, Pontefract WF8 4RJ
Grade 6 £20,661 - £22,658 (£14,521.56- £15,925.15 pro rata) *dependent on experience
Hours: 30 hrs per week, Term Time + 5 Inset Days, 8.30am – 3.30pm
Initially Fixed Term Contract to 31st August 2018 and pending review of core staffing structure
Required as soon as possible
Post Reference: P114
Larks Hill is a friendly, proactive Junior & Infant School where everyone works together to achieve the very best for all the pupils who attend. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and approachable professional individual to join our Safeguarding and Inclusion Team.
This is an exciting new role within school that will enhance the friendly, caring and supportive learning environment. The post holder will provide additional support to the schools Inclusion Team to further improve the standards of pastoral care and support for children’s emotional and/or behavioural needs, and learning difficulties.
Through building effective relationships with the children, their parents and school staff your duties would include;
- Enabling pupils with behavioural and/or emotional difficulties or particular vulnerabilities to make good choices about their own learning, behaviour and attendance.
- Leading on the school's attendance strategy
- Working to co-ordinate a multi-agency approach for our vulnerable children and families
- Being a part of the school's safeguarding team as a DSL
- Playing an integral role in the work of the school's inclusion team to drive forward identified areas of school improvement
- Covering for PPA / Leadership time
The post holder will need to be flexible to respond to changes that occur through the school day, this may involve supporting pupils on a 1:1 basis or teaching small groups or providing class cover.
As part of the Pontefract Academies Trust, Larks Hill J & I School benefits from a close and rewarding relationship with other schools in the area through network and moderation meetings, peer visits and the sharing of good practice. Because of these links we can offer the successful candidate a supportive and creative environment in which to work with our enthusiastic and willing pupils.
The successful applicant will:
- Have an NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Good Numeracy/Literacy skills (GCSE grades C and above or equivalent in English and Maths).
- Working knowledge of relevant policies, practices and legislation.
- Full understanding of the range of support services/providers.
- Experience of working with primary age pupils, especially those with emotional and behavioural needs.
- Be able to keep good records, and plan effective actions for pupils at risk.
- Be able to work constructively as part of a team.
- Be confident and competent in using a range of IT programmes.
Team Teach, DSL, Signs of Safety and First Aid training are desirable, but training can be arranged for the successful applicant.
Larks Hill J & I School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To obtain an application form and job specification:
Completed application forms should be returned either by post to Lisa Dodgson, HR Manager, Chequerfield, Pontefract WF8 2AY or by emailing email@example.com no later than 10am Monday 9th October 2017.
Interviews will be held on Friday 13th October 2017.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
In accordance with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not Disqualified (or Disqualified by Association) from working within this setting