Larks Hill J&I School - Lunchtime Supervisor
Larks Hill, Pontefract WF8 4RJ
Grade 2 £15,115 - £15,375 (£1,704 - £1,773 pro rata) *dependent on length of service
Hours: 5hrs per week, Term Time Only, 12:15pm – 1:15pm
Required as soon as possible
Post Reference: P129
Larks Hill is a friendly, proactive Junior & Infant School where everyone works together to achieve the very best for all the pupils who attend. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed person to join our friendly team of Lunchtime Supervisors.
You will work over the lunchtime period to supervise children eating their lunch and then help to plan and co-ordinate activities for them to engage in before the afternoon session commences. This may involve supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs on a 1:1 basis. We are looking for a friendly caring person who enjoys working with children (age 4-11) and has excellent inter-personal skills being able to communicate with pupils effectively and engage them in a range of activities.
The school can offer:
- Happy, hard-working and highly committed staff with supportive Governors
- A close and rewarding relationship with other schools in the Pontefract Academies Trust
- Motivated, well behaved pupils
- A friendly and attractive working environment
- A positive and caring school where everyone matters
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person whose duties will include:
- Supervision of children throughout the lunchtime break i.e.
- Supervision of the children waiting to enter the dining hall
- Supervision of children in the dining hall
- Supervision of all areas both inside and outside, where the pupils congregate during lunchtime
- Administering first aid if required and recording accidents or injury
- Reporting any injuries to the relevant class teacher at the end of the lunch break
- Supporting and leading pupils during the lunch break to participate in organised games
- Working in collaboration with colleagues as part of a small team
- Supporting pupils resolve disagreement in line with the school code of conduct and expectations of behaviour
- Carrying out any other instructions which reasonably fall within the remit of the post
Larks Hill J & I School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Completed application forms should be returned either by post to Lisa Dodgson, HR Advisor, Pontefract Academies Trust, c/o St Mary’s Community Centre, The Circle, Chequerfield, Pontefract WF8 2AY or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10am Monday 22nd January 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
In accordance with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not Disqualified (or Disqualified by Association) from working within this setting.