Larks Hill J&I School - Senior Administrative Officer
Larks Hill, Pontefract, WF8 4RJ
Grade 6 £20,661 - £22,658 (£14,136- £15,502 pro rata per annum) *dependent on experience
Hours: 30 hrs per week, Term Time Only, 8.30am – 3.30pm
Required as soon as possible
Post Reference: P117
Larks Hill is a friendly, proactive Junior & Infant School where everyone works together to achieve the very best for all the pupils who attend. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed professional to join our Business and Administrative Team.
You will support the School Business Manager in a wide variety of tasks including payroll, accounting and banking so it is essential that you are able to work flexibly and maintain confidentiality at all times. We are looking for someone with excellent IT skills who can multi-task whilst working to a high degree of accuracy and to tight deadlines.
The school can offer:
- Happy, hard-working and highly committed staff
- A supportive Academies Trust
- Motivated and extremely well behaved pupils
- A friendly and attractive working environment
- A positive and caring school where everyone matters and through working together everyone achieves more
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who;
- has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with parents, visitors, colleagues and pupils
- can work effectively as part of a hardworking team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- has previous experience of office procedures, ideally within a school setting (experience of school systems is desirable)
- has excellent IT skills and is confident in using spreadsheets and accurate at word processing.
- has a good understanding of financial systems and procedures and a keen eye for detail
The post holder will need to be flexible to respond to changes that occur through the school day.
As part of the Pontefract Academies Trust, Larks Hill J & I School benefits from a close and rewarding relationship with other schools in the area through networking and business meetings and the sharing of good practice. Because of these links we can offer the successful candidate a supportive and creative environment in which to work.
Larks Hill J & I School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Completed application forms should be returned either by post to Lisa Dodgson, HR Manager, Pontefract Academies Trust, c/o St Mary’s Community Centre, The Circle, Chequerfield, Pontefract WF8 2AY or by emailing email@example.com no later than 10am Wednesday 11th October 2017.
Interviews will be held week commencing 16th October.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
In accordance with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not Disqualified (or Disqualified by Association) from working within this setting.