The Rookeries, Carleton Junior & Infant School
|Executive Headteacher||Geraldine Lindley|
|Head of School||Nicola Ellwand|
|Chair of School Governance Committee||Mike Farrell|
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||Nicola Ellwand|
|Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead||Helen Peatfield|
|Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)||Melissa Heald|
|Competent Person||Fransisco Pons|
|School Website||Visit website|
|Data Dashboard||View dashboard|
For more information on our Governance
play with each other, share work with each other, and be respectful and mindful of each other’s feelings at all times
The Headteacher and staff aim to provide a broad-based education of excellent quality. It aims to engender within the school a caring and sharing ethos where children, parents and staff feel welcome, valued and respected.
- To provide a happy, stimulating learning environment that caters for the needs of all children.
- To provide a broad-based and balanced curriculum that will enable every child to develop.
- To develop attitudes of flexibility and adaptability in children and to help pupils use their skills of learning effectively and efficiently.
- To instil in children a high level of self-esteem and confidence in their own worth.
- To help pupils to acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities and the will to use them.
- To enable all pupils to read fluently and accurately, to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and confidently and to develop and apply an understanding of mathematics in the classroom, the home and the locality.
- To develop qualities of mind, body, spirit, feeling and imagination and to recognise them and accept them in others.
- To appreciate human achievements in art, music, science, technology and literature.
- To develop a sense of self-respect and the capacity to live as an independent, self-motivated adult, and to be able to function as a contributing member of a co-operative group.
- To recognise one’s responsibilities to be a productive and valuable member of society.
- To develop any individual skills and talents, notably in the areas of sport, music and the arts.
- To develop sound, purposeful home-school links based on mutual trust and understanding.