De Lacy opened in the summer of 2010. The School replaced Pontefract Willow Park Junior School and Pontefract Chequerfield Infant School and joined Pontefract Academies Trust in 2013. The School is a one and half form entry primary and aims to:
- To provide a happy, stimulating learning environment that caters for the needs of all children.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum that enables every child to develop.
- To develop attitudes of flexibility and adaptability in children and to help pupils use their skills of learning effectively and efficiently.
- To instil in children a high level of self-esteem and confidence in their own worth.
- To help pupils to acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities.
- To enable all pupils to read fluently and accurately, to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and confidently and to develop and apply an understanding of mathematics in the classroom, the home and the locality.
- To develop qualities of mind, body, spirit, feeling and imagination and to recognise them and accept them in others.
- To develop a sense of self-respect and the capacity to live as an independent, self-motivated adult, and to be able to function as a contributing member of a co-operative group.
- To develop any individual skills and talents, notably in the areas of sport, music and the arts.
- To develop sound, purposeful home-school links based on mutual trust and understanding.
Click here to view our Department for Education performance tables.
De Lacy Primary School
Telephone: 01977 722620
Executive Director of Primary and Interim Headteacher: Mr T Fay