Hours: 37 hours per week all year round Monday to Friday (with occasional flexibility required based on the needs of the school).
Required: As soon as possible
Post Reference: P219
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person to join the facilities management team located at Carleton High School. This will be a key role in maintaining the school site to ensuring a welcoming, attractive, safe and secure school environment for the whole school community.
Duties will include:
- Lock/unlock school buildings and areas
- Set security alarm and other security systems where applicable
- Undertake/assist with the receipt, distribution, collection and despatch of goods
- Undertake/ assist with minor/simple repairs
- Undertake activities to maintain safe and clean internal and external environment (e.g. checking the functioning of toilets, litter picking, removal of rubbish bags, clearing autumn leaves, sweeping paths, maintaining safe and clear paths in cold weather)
- Undertake routine checks as required (e.g. Legionella, fire alarm, emergency lighting, fire door)
We are looking for someone with handyman experience and a willingness to undertake training.
The working hours will be as detailed below in the first instance but are subject to change to meet the needs of the school:
Shift 1- 06.00 – 14.00 Mon – Thurs, 06.00 – 13.30 Friday
Shift 2 -10.30 – 18.30 Mon – Thurs, 11.00 – 18.30 Friday
Shifts will be worked on a weekly rota system.
To apply for this position, please check the links on this page.
Interviews will be held on the 20th December.
Completed application forms should be returned either by post to Lisa Dodgson, HR Manager, Pontefract Academies Trust, C/O The Barracks Business Centre, Wakefield Road, Pontefract WF8 4HH or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10am Friday 14th December 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this.
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre-employment checks. The successful applicant will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.