Executive Primary Headteacher
Pontefract Academies Trust are seeking to appoint to a brand-new Executive Headteacher role as part of planned leadership capacity growth at executive level.
The opportunity has arisen for a high-performing individual to take on additional responsibilities and join us in our medium sized trust of eight schools. The Trust is part-way through a journey of school improvement and plans for targeted growth in the medium term. The pupils in the Trust are drawn from a local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas, including a significant proportion of disadvantaged children.
Reporting to the Director of Primary Education, this is an exciting vacancy which will involve leading on a number of strategic and operational projects across our family of eight schools. We are looking for flexibility in our successful candidate and someone that can throw themselves in to some of our biggest school improvement challenges. By demonstrating success in sustained improvement projects within the Trust initially, the breadth of the role will be extended to suit the right candidate.
A key initial challenge for the successful candidate will be to secure good at next inspection for De Lacy Primary School.
You will have the chance to operate at an executive level and develop the vision and strategic direction of our schools. This broader role will be decided upon dependent upon the skill set and experience of the successful candidate, however, you will be working with other headteachers and the Trust executive leadership team to deliver on school to school support.
We would like to hear from candidates who have a proven track record at primary leadership level and can demonstrate experience of:
- Proven track-record of effective leadership in a primary school having led the delivery of significant school improvement in similar catchment areas;
- Managing and improving the curriculum offer resulting in a demonstrable impact.
- Experience of managing budget and finances to ensure financial sustainability.
- Strategically focused leadership whilst retaining a willingness to get close to the action to ensure delivery;
- Building and maintaining relationships and networks that deliver beneficial results for all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will see their next move as a medium-long term commitment to the Trust and will be willing and able to take a prominent leadership role in the local community.
For more information and a confidential discussion about this role please contact: Ross Laird at Academicis on 07901 585959, 01223 907977, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org