Pontefract Academies Trust is a multi-academy trust educating around 3,500 young people in Pontefract, comprising of two secondary schools and 6 junior and infant schools. As a Trust we are always keen to welcome governors who are committed and passionate about the local community as well as the children and young people in our area. Most of our members have links with the local community, some live and work in Pontefract.
At Pontefract Academies Trust we are looking to include and involve people from a variety of backgrounds and different ages and cultures. We aim to attract individuals from various job roles and levels with experience and expertise in financial or legal practice, business management, marketing, social work and charity work. This list of course is not exhaustive, the more experience one holds, the better placed you would be to make a difference to the lives of the children within our Trust. The role is voluntary, but comes with ample rewards.
Please note that this vacancy has an end date of 31 August 2021.
How does being a governor benefit you?
- A chance for you to give something back and make an impact to the local community.
- Develop skills in a professional board environment.
- Gain access to training, resources and experiences that are transferable to your professional life.
- Use your own professional expertise and skill-set to support the work of the school.
Key responsibilities of a governor:
- To provide independent challenge to the school leadership primarily in respect of pupil performance, the quality of the school experience and execution of the School Improvement Plan.
- Work in partnership with the Trust and school leadership to ensure an active, high quality and effective programme of stakeholder and community engagement is delivered.
We feel privileged to be in a position of looking for new talent to appoint as our School governors. To register your interest please email email@example.com.