Post Reference: P270
37 hours term time plus 5 days
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Students are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person to join the SEN team located at The King’s School. This is a key role in school, providing support to our students as directed by the SENCo. You will need to be able to quickly develop positive working relationships with SEN students and have an understanding of their needs in order to carry out the role effectively.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide efficient administration for the SEN department
- Work alongside the SENCo to establish best practice for inclusion
- Develop good working relationships with parents and multi agencies to positively support our SEN students
- Collate and update information from teachers, ESA’s, parents and outside agencies
- Type, copy and distribute the SEN Register and EHCPs to relevant members of staff and carry out other duties commensurate with the grade as specified in the job specification.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Alex Lunn, Assistant Headteacher at The King’s School – 01977 601701.
If you would like to apply please see below:
Completed application forms should be returned by emailing email@example.com no later than 10am on Tuesday 26th March 2019.
We are equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.