Post Ref: P267
Required for April 2019
7 ½ hours per week term time
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Students are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Lunchtime Supervisor to join a friendly team at Halfpenny Lane J, I & N School, working 7 ½ hours per week.
The successful candidate will work over the lunchtime period to supervise children eating their lunch and then help to plan and co-ordinate activities for them to engage in before the afternoon session commences. We are looking for a friendly caring person who enjoys working with children and has excellent inter-personal skills being able to communicate with pupils effectively and engage them in a range of fun activities.
The school can offer:
- Happy, hard-working and highly committed staff within a supportive Trust
- Motivated, well behaved pupils
- A friendly and attractive working environment
- A positive and caring school where everyone matters
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person whose duties will include:
- Administering first aid if required and recording accidents or injury
- Reporting any injuries to the relevant class teacher at the end of the lunch break
- Supporting and leading pupils during the lunch break to participate in organised games
- Working in collaboration with colleagues as part of a team
- Supporting pupils resolve disagreement in line with the school’s code of conduct and expectations of behaviour
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged by contacting the School Business Manager, Stephanie McLoughlin, on 01977 703270.
If you would like to apply please see below:
Completed application forms should be returned by emailing email@example.com no later than 10am on Tuesday 26th March 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre- employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
In accordance with the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018 and our obligations under the Childcare Act 2006, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not disqualified from working within this setting.