Carleton Community High School - Teacher of Humanities/History
Carleton, Pontefract WF8 3NW
Salary MPR/UPR dependent on experience
Hours Full Time
Required 1st September 2018
Post Reference P166
A vacancy exists at this 11-16 comprehensive school for a highly motivated, Teacher of History & Geography who is keen to support our learners to build their confidence, reach their potential and achieve the highest standards.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a passion for teaching and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- a creative approach to outstanding teaching and learning
- a clear commitment to raising standards for all students
- an understanding of the importance of tracking pupil progress to inform teaching
- a set of values which matches the ethos of the school and the Trust
We can offer:
- valuable career development opportunities
- excellent supportive relationships at all levels
- an opportunity to join a committed and forward -looking team
We would be delighted to organise individual visits with any potential candidate who wishes to visit or find out more detail about a particular area of Carleton Community High School. Please contact Sharon Gilliver, Headteacher of Carleton Community High School’s PA on 01977 781555 to arrange a tour.
If you feel you have the ability and qualities required to fulfil this exciting role, further details are available as detailed below:
TO OBTAIN AN APPLICANT PACK:
Completed application, declaration and teacher forms should be returned either by post or by email to:
Lisa Dodgson, HR Manager, Pontefract Academies Trust, c/o St Mary’s Community Centre, The Circle, Chequerfield, Pontefract WF8 2AY or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday 24th May 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.