Head of School - De Lacy Primary School
Chequerfield Lane, Pontefract WF8 2TG
Salary: Circa of £70,000
Required: Easter 2019 or earlier if possible
Post Reference: P212
For the right candidate there will be the opportunity for progression to an Executive / Trust wide role.
We are seeking an exceptional and ambitious individual with the vision, passion and rigour to lead De Lacy Primary School through the next chapter in its history. The school is looking to rapidly accelerate outcomes and the progress of all pupils so that they have every chance to succeed in life.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the desire and ability to achieve aspirational targets for high standards of progress, attainment and behaviour across the School;
• Have a very good understanding of what makes an exceptional school and the skills, character and resilience to develop this;
• Be a first-class teacher. As the leader of teaching and learning, we are looking for someone who knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and knows how to achieve it;
• Be fully in tune and excited with the direction of the Trust, with a recognition that formally aligned systems, approaches and practices across all primary practice will drive standards for the young people of Pontefract;
• Have strong leadership, management and communication skills to motivate a staff team, pupil body and community to secure rapid and sustainable improvement.
We do not expect you to do this alone. The post offers the opportunity to be a senior leader that benefits from a Multi-Academy Trust that is embarking on a new and exciting next phase of its development. You will enjoy the support and challenge of an Executive Leadership Team and will benefit from tight working relationships across all academy leaders in the Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and satisfactory pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information. Shortlisted candidates will be required to declare that they are not disqualified from working within this setting.
If you feel you have the ability and qualities required to fulfil this exciting role, further details are available as detailed below:
TO OBTAIN AN APPLICANT PACK:
Completed application forms should be returned either by post or by email to:
Lisa Dodgson, HR Manager, Pontefract Academies Trust, The Barracks Business Centre, Wakefield Road, Pontefract, WF8 4HH or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For a conversation about the role, prospective candidates are advised to contact Julian Appleyard OBE, Chief Executive Officer of the Trust on 01977 232146.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 2nd November 2018.