School or Location: Pontefract Academies Trust
Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st March 12AM
Start Date: As soon as possible
Director of People
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking a relational, emotionally intelligent and energetic leader of people, who relates strongly to our vision of “where every child and young person makes outstanding progress”.
You will have a strong track record of senior HR or people leadership roles, including strategic leadership experience in domains such as organisational development, change management, culture, learning and development, and you will have a real passion for people engagement, cultivating teams and delivering amazing innovation.
The Trust has embarked on a journey of transforming its systems, data and digital landscape. As part of this programme, the Trust has procured a new people management system to manage transactional HR, and to provide leaders with a proactive intervention platform. The investment in new digital technology across the Trust is designed to streamline our ways of working but also to provide significant capacity for growth.
The Director of People will support the Trust to design improved ways of working through our amazing people and new technologies by cultivating a highly skilled, happy and motivated workforce that deliver outstanding results for every child we teach.
This role is a critical part of our future journey, and requires a strong communicator and influencer who is still capable of the hands on element of this type of role.
- Continually improve the employee experience, making PAT an attractive and great place to work
- Deliver people/technology-led projects that reflect our culture and set our people up to successfully deliver the outcomes for our children
- Work with school leaders to join-up and continuously improve the organisation experience for our people
- Develop a workforce that is highly skilled, motivated and can deliver on our ambitious goals
- Champion and evolve our cultural vision and values
- Provide day to day support to our people, and hands-on management of our HR and legal case work
- Analyse and triangulate people data held at both Trust and School level to proactively seek out risks, identify weaknesses or build on strengths and opportunities.
The essential skills:
- A naturally collaborative and curious mind, that strives to help others shine and the team to deliver amazing results.
- Passion to help drive change and implement innovative people strategies
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence change empower and engage leaders and cultivate teams
- Experience designing, leading and delivering organisational development, culture and change management, and people experience project
We would strongly recommend that you access the Trust’s Strategic Plan 2020-22 here:
Visits to the Trust are usually welcomed and encouraged, however, they are not currently possible due to Covid-19. Please contact Kathryn Birch on 01924 827869 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details about the role, or information on how to apply.
The closing date for this role is 10:00am on Monday 1st March 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.