At Pontefract Academies Trust, we live by our Core Values and Guiding Principles.
They inform and guide our daily work from the classroom to the central team.
ACHIEVEMENT WITHOUT EXCUSES
- We have an unwavering focus on achievement. This is paramount so that all of our children and young people enjoy greater life chances.
- We take responsibility for ensuring that they succeed. We own our own performance and do not rest on our laurels or seek to blame others.
OUR PEOPLE MATTER
- We know that our people make a difference to the lives of our 3-16-year-olds. We want to make our schools places where great teachers want to teach, lead and build a career. Investment in the recruitment, development and retention of the best people is a top priority.
- We aim to provide professional work environments where our people have the support and tools to do a great job and push our children and young people to scale new heights in a safe and secure environment.
EXCELLENCE AS STANDARD
- We set high standards. “Good enough” is simply not. We do not accept second best from our pupils or ourselves.
- The Trust aims to be a highly reliable school improvement organisation that is disciplined in its approach to improving performance. A Trust with clear plans and, simple and precisely executed systems that not only develop and sustain excellent performance, but never stifle individual flair.
PUPILS COME FIRST
- Our schools are run for the benefit of children and young people, not the ease of adults. Their achievement comes first and staff in schools and the central Trust office work to this end.
- The Trust aims to keep low priority tasks away from front line teachers and leaders so that they can focus explicitly on our core business of teaching and learning.
“STRONGER AS ONE”
- We take collective responsibility for each other and the results of all of our children and young people. We enjoy sharing our success as a Trust while recognising the strengths of individuals and each school. To this end collective accountability is rooted in a “if one fails we all fail” mentality.
As a family of schools we collaborate with each other, challenge each other and share best practice. We do not let competition get in the way of our desire to get the best outcomes for all.
Orchard Head J, I & N School graded a ‘Good’ School by Ofsted
Orchard Head Junior, Infant and Nursery School has reason to celebrate after being rated as ‘Good’ in its latest Ofsted inspection. The result has been even more pleasing for the school, which has 355 pupils on roll, due to it being one of a handful of schools in the district to be inspected using the…Read more
Carleton Park J & I School and Carleton High School both graded as ‘Good’ schools by Ofsted
Carleton Park Junior & Infant School and Pontefract Academies Trust has been awarded the highest…Read more
Connect With Us
We hope everyone is as excited as us for the new school term!
Great to see all the children looking so smart this morning 😀
Welcome back Years 1-6!