School or Location: Orchard Head J, I & N School
Salary: Grade 4, SCP 5 - 6
(£19,312 - £19,693 per annum, reduced to £13,183.03 - £13,446.53 per annum actual salary due to part time hours and term time plus two days)
Closing Date: Thursday 02nd September 10AM
Start Date: As soon as possible
Required as soon as possible
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Learning Support Assistant at Orchard Head Junior, Infant and Nursery School. The candidate will support pupils learning and attend to pupils personal needs, in order to support teaching and learning in the classroom and across the academy. They will work collaboratively with teaching staff and other support staff to enhance the development and education of pupils.
This post is based in upper key stage 2.
This post is a permanent, 30 hours per week, term time plus two days role, equating to 192 working days per year.
The school can offer:
- hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- a supportive Trust as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression
- significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the trust
- the opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who:
- has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with staff and pupils
- will make a difference in changing children’s life chances
- has the skills and abilities to support children of all abilities and personal needs
- can work effectively as part of a team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- has the ability to form effective relationships with pupils and parents/carers
For more information on the role, or to discuss a visit (depending on current covid restrictions) contact the school on 01977 723495.
Completed application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10:00am on Thursday 2nd September 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.