School or Location: The Rookeries J, I & N School
Salary: Grade 5, Scale Range 7 - 11 (£20,092 - £21,748 per annum)
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd September 10AM
Start Date: As soon as possible
Required as soon as possible
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Students are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Caretaker at The Rookeries Junior, Infant and Nursery School. This candidate will provide a well maintained, safe, secure and clean working environment for the academy and move furniture and equipment as required. The post holder will be responsible for assisting with regular security checks, reporting any security breaches and safeguarding pupils in the event of an incident. They will also be responsible for supervision of the cleaning team to ensure all areas meet high standards expected by the school.
This is a permanent, all year round post with working hours of 37 hours per week on a split shift between Monday to Friday.
Please note, the essential qualifications for this role are Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy or equivalent (GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above), and you will be asked to provide original copies of these qualifications should you be appointed.
The school can offer:
- hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- a supportive Trust as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression
- significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the trust
- the opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who:
- has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with staff and pupils
- will make a difference in changing children’s life chances
- has the skills and abilities to support children of all abilities and personal needs
- can work effectively as part of a team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- has the ability to form effective relationships with pupils and parents/carers
For more information on the role, or to discuss a visit (depending on current covid restrictions), please contact the school at 01977 600368 or via email at email@example.com.
Completed application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10:00am on Thursday 23rd September 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.